Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – The place to bring your low tox life to life.
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – MORE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION HERE.
Low Tox Life Food – Now available!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you – Order yours today!
And on this week’s show!
Is trauma informing your current physical and emotional state? Are there challenges you’re finding emotionally or physically too hard to overcome no matter what you try? I am always fascinated by any techniques that support people on their healing journeys and coming across Dr Melanie Salmon’s work makes me feel lucky to be able to then share that with you on the show in the hope that it might support healing and a deep sense of wellbeing for listeners in our community. After being a GP for 40 years, Melanie wanted to be able to offer patients who weren’t healing with the tools available to her as a doctor so she studied psychotherapy and became a Gestalt therapist. Feeling that talk therapy also had its limitations, she went on a quest to see what might be able to do better, still and so, she developed something herself, QEC, which now sees coaches all around the world carrying out this life-changing therapy with people online. She is passionate about healing trauma and building internal resilience using the power of the subconscious mind. Bringing together the power of human connection with neuroscience, Quantum Energy Coaching (QEC) works to free you from past trauma, internal stress, and the effects of self-limiting beliefs.
Questions I asked Melanie:
- You have a passion for helping people heal from trauma and psycho-emotional illness where dysfunctional nervous systems prevent full healing: Was this a personal quest initially or something that was born from a shortfall of resources in treating patients as a medical doctor?
- What did nearly 40 years of practising as a doctor teach you?
- Why did you have to leave?
- What is it about trauma that holds us back from healing – what’s happening in the brain/physically that keeps us in patterns and loops?
- Do different trauma experiences manifest differently, or is it more about the length of time someone is in a traumatic experience(s), tools they had to regulate before the experience of bio-individual make-up?
- How important is it for us to connect to the subconscious mind to address and move through and beyond trauma and its effects?
- When exploring how best to support people in this area, you didn’t quite find something that was exactly how you wanted to support people so you created QEC – can you talk us through this?
- How do you feel about other methods having success such as transcendental meditation, psychedelic microdosing guided sessions, and neurofeedback?
- We’d love to hear some stories of success (and a wide range of 3-4 different people’s experiences, from abuse to chronic illness, war, addiction… so people can see the scope)
- What is the scope of difficulties/nervous system dysregulation that people can find benefit in doing this work?
- And for people out there who are thinking – how do I access this? You have a network of trained people on your team worldwide to help right?
About Dr. Melanie Salmon:
Dr. Melanie Salmon is a medical doctor and Gestalt Psychotherapist, who created QEC in her quest to find a better way to work with people. She lives in Barcelona, Spain, and works throughout Europe. She is passionate about healing trauma and building internal resilience using the power of the subconscious mind. Bringing together the power of human connection with neuroscience, Quantum Energy Coaching (QEC) works to free you from past trauma, internal stress, and the effects of self-limiting beliefs.
This week’s sponsors:
Ausclimate’s highly recommended range of WINIX Air Purifiers is the ideal solution for cleaner, healthier indoor air. Easy to use, reactive features and settings with a truly comprehensive 4-5 stages of purification, including Hospital Grade True HEPA Filtration and Winix’s unique PlasmaWave® technology. Perfect for smoke, dust, pets, viruses, bacteria, household odours, and allergies (covering a variety of allergens). Breathe easier, sleep better and feel better. Winix; the most complete air-purifiers on the market!
Offer: Ausclimate is now giving all Low Tox Life followers an EXTRA 10% OFF their already discounted prices on Ausclimate.com.au – Simply enter the discount code of LOWTOXLIFE on check out. This discount can also be redeemed for over-the-phone orders verbally.
Other helpful links:
Enjoy the show,