LISTEN TO THIS WEEK’S SHOW ON iTUNES, STITCHER OR SPOTIFY OR LISTEN RIGHT HERE:
Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – The place to bring your low tox life to life.
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – MORE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION HERE.
Low Tox Life Food – Now available!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you – Order yours today!
And on this week’s show!
Would you say your life embraces simplicity? Today is an invitation to do that more, with author Jodi Wilson, whose book, Practising Simplicity tells the tale of how she found ways to embrace simplicity in all its, well, simplicity. While for her it looked like packing up a busy, urban life and jumping in a caravan, destination: Australia, she very much cautions against copying someone else’s exploration and finding what simplicity means to you. There is no prescription in this conversation, only an invitation to feel less rushed, more fulfilled and grateful, and more aligned with nature when you’re urban, in the country, and everywhere in between. Enjoy the show!
Questions I asked Jodi:
- Jodi, one of my favourite things in getting to know you better through your beautiful book is that you start with a “Choose your own adventure” suggestion. Being a fellow “do it your way and how it all lands best for you” advocate I loved this… tell me, what influenced your fluidity and flexibility of thought in your own life so that when it came to supporting people and offering up a journey of change, it allowed for space for people’s interpretations?
- Are you a born-again simplifier or did you always practise simplicity as a person through your lived family experience growing up?
- If you had to define simplicity, what has it come to mean for you?
- So your book traces a family and personal journey – What were some of the things that led you to decide you were off on the road?
- You talk about fear at one point in the book – can you share your relationship with fear and how it’s changed?
- What role does gratitude play in your day to day?
- It’s never been easier to run from ourselves – I couldn’t agree more with this. Infinite choice is a blessing and a curse, really, isn’t it?
- To someone feeling their life is anything BUT simple right now – where to start Operation Simplify?
About Jodi Wilson:
Jodi Wilson is an author, photographer, and yoga teacher. In 2018, she made the life-changing decision to sell most of her belongings and travel Australia in a caravan with her partner and their four children. Her new book, “Practising Simplicity – small steps and brave choices for a life less distracted”, details her journey of fear, courage, and grounding. She lives in a small town in Tasmania and shares her simple, remarkably ordinary life at @practisingsimplicity.
This week’s sponsors:
Ausclimate’s highly recommended range of WINIX Air Purifiers is the ideal solution for cleaner, healthier indoor air. Easy to use, reactive features and settings with a truly comprehensive 4-5 stages of purification, including Hospital Grade True HEPA Filtration and Winix’s unique PlasmaWave® technology. Perfect for smoke, dust, pets, viruses, bacteria, household odours, and allergies (covering a variety of allergens). Breathe easier, sleep better and feel better. Winix; the most complete air-purifiers on the market!
Offer: Ausclimate is now giving all Low Tox Life followers an EXTRA 10% OFF their already discounted prices on Ausclimate.com.au – Simply enter the discount code of LOWTOXLIFE on check out. This discount can also be redeemed for over-the-phone orders verbally.
Other helpful links:
Flood Donation Resources for Lismore/Northern Rivers and Brisbane:
What do donate: Cash/Books in any of these categories: Adult Fiction/Large Print Books/Junior & Young Adult Books/Children’s Story Books/Children’s DVDs/Jigsaws/Audio Books/Parenting Collection (non-fiction books on parenting topics)/Junior Non-Fiction Books
- Account Name Lismore City Council – RTRL Tax Deductible Gift Recipient Account
- BSB 062-565
- Account Number 10864916
Date of deposit
Amount of deposit
Baby Give Back
What to donate: They are currently accepting cash donations and the following items:
- Car Seats – New or Pre-loved
- Prams – New or Pre-loved
- Portacots, Cots, and Bassinets – New or Pre-loved
- Baby Carriers – New or Pre-loved
- Baby Food – ONLY (Can’t accept other food items)
- Nappy Cream
- Nappies, Wipes, and Formula
You can register as a volunteer
To donate cash, you can go here.
For more deets on their different drop-off locations and their opening hours, go here.
They’re also on IG @babygiveback.
Animal Rescue Cooperative is focused on supporting food, water treatment, pumps, and containment for Animals caught up in the huge QLD/NSW Floods.
To start donating, you can click here. They are also a tax deductive gift recipient with DGR and you will be issued a receipt.
Micah Projects Limited is still in need of your generous donations to help to continue to provide individuals and families with access to safe and affordable accommodation, utilities, food, and furniture. It will help prevent the marginalisation of the already marginalised population so they can get back on their feet with dignity and safety.
Ukraine Relief Resources:
New South Wales and Queensland SES
World Central Kitchen
A global team of humanitarians working together on the front lines is on the ground in Ukraine, Romania, and Poland, providing funding to local organizations that know their community needs best and working to meet urgent humanitarian needs.
United Help Ukraine
Voices of Children
Revived Soldiers Ukraine
Sunflower of Peace
A non-profit providing medical aid in Ukraine and supporting medical teams on the frontline
Enjoy the show,