LISTEN TO THIS WEEK’S SHOW ON iTUNES, STITCHER OR SPOTIFY OR LISTEN RIGHT HERE:
Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – The place to bring your low tox life to life.
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – MORE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION HERE.
Low Tox Life Food – Now available!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you – Order yours today!
And on this week’s show!
Do you feel a strong sense of belonging and connection? Would you say you have strong presence of rituals in your life from season to season, and in different seasons of your family’s and your lives? Today’s guest Becca Piastrelli, author of Root and Ritual, gives us many compelling reasons to bring rituals into our lives to feel more deeply rooted within ourselves, our place, the community, and the world. It’s a meaningful, thought prokoving all to arms for a life worth living. I can’t wait to hear what you take from it.
Questions I asked Becca:
- Were you brought up in a house of rituals or was it a journey of discovery looking for something to make life richer/more meaningful?
- Connection and feeding bonds is something we’re going to talk about today but first I want to ask: Is part of what’s making us feel disconnected generally, due to the fact that we’ve never had so many ‘connections’ ever before? (through social media networks)
- And then in deepening our connections – how do we go about that those of us who’ve tuned in and thought “oh crap, I have surface conversations with everyone or functional conversations but don’t go very deep very often!!”
- Rituals – how do rituals give us a sense of purpose/connection to self and others?
- How can we build them into our lives?
- I LOVE your ancestor altar post recently. Talk us through it and why it’s spiritually important. (I’ll also ask about what if we come from a history of painful family experiences, can something be done here to help heal that pain when it comes to altars?)
- Does accepting our past help us accept ourselves today?
- Now let’s talk about seasons – how can we amplify seasons throughout our year through rituals and celebrations?
- Why are growing plants so important to our spirit?
About Becca Piastrelli:
Becca Piastrelli wrote abook called Root & Ritual and facilitates women’s gatherings both virtually and in person, and is the host of the Belonging podcast. She teaches virtually, speaks on the nature of belonging, and runs retreats to help women reconnect with their rooted sense of self.
Becca prefers she/her pronouns and lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her partner, child, two cats, and five chickens, where she gardens, cooks, mothers, and gathers with the ebb and flow of the seasons.
This week’s sponsors:
Ausclimate’s highly recommended range of WINIX Air Purifiers is the ideal solution for cleaner, healthier indoor air. Easy to use, reactive features and settings with a truly comprehensive 4-5 stages of purification, including Hospital Grade True HEPA Filtration and Winix’s unique PlasmaWave® technology. Perfect for smoke, dust, pets, viruses, bacteria, household odours, and allergies (covering a variety of allergens). Breathe easier, sleep better and feel better. Winix; the most complete air-purifiers on the market!
Offer: Ausclimate is now giving all Low Tox Life followers an EXTRA 10% OFF their already discounted prices on Ausclimate.com.au – Simply enter the discount code of LOWTOXLIFE on check out. This discount can also be redeemed for over-the-phone orders verbally.
Other helpful links:
Her book, Root & Ritual is also available at The Book Depository.
Flood Donation Resources for Lismore/Northern Rivers and Brisbane:
What do donate: Cash/Books in any of these categories: Adult Fiction/Large Print Books/Junior & Young Adult Books/Children’s Story Books/Children’s DVDs/Jigsaws/Audio Books/Parenting Collection (non-fiction books on parenting topics)/Junior Non-Fiction Books
- Account Name Lismore City Council – RTRL Tax Deductible Gift Recipient Account
- BSB 062-565
- Account Number 10864916
Date of deposit
Amount of deposit
Baby Give Back
What to donate: They are currently accepting cash donations and the following items:
- Car Seats – New or Pre-loved
- Prams – New or Pre-loved
- Portacots, Cots, and Bassinets – New or Pre-loved
- Baby Carriers – New or Pre-loved
- Baby Food – ONLY (Can’t accept other food items)
- Nappy Cream
- Nappies, Wipes, and Formula
You can register as a volunteer
To donate cash, you can go here.
For more deets on their different drop-off locations and their opening hours, go here.
They’re also on IG @babygiveback.
Animal Rescue Cooperative is focused on supporting food, water treatment, pumps, and containment for Animals caught up in the huge QLD/NSW Floods.
To start donating, you can click here. They are also a tax deductive gift recipient with DGR and you will be issued a receipt.
Micah Projects Limited is still in need of your generous donations to help to continue to provide individuals and families with access to safe and affordable accommodation, utilities, food, and furniture. It will help prevent the marginalisation of the already marginalised population so they can get back on their feet with dignity and safety.
Ukraine Relief Resources:
New South Wales and Queensland SES
World Central Kitchen
A global team of humanitarians working together on the front lines is on the ground in Ukraine, Romania, and Poland, providing funding to local organizations that know their community needs best and working to meet urgent humanitarian needs.
United Help Ukraine
Voices of Children
Revived Soldiers Ukraine
Sunflower of Peace
A non-profit providing medical aid in Ukraine and supporting medical teams on the frontline
Enjoy the show,