LISTEN TO THIS WEEK’S SHOW ON iTUNES, STITCHER OR SPOTIFY OR LISTEN RIGHT HERE:
Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – The place to bring your low tox life to life.
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – MORE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION HERE.
Low Tox Life Food – Now available!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you – Order yours today!
And on this week’s show!
This week on the show, naturopath Carla Wrenn is back on the show discussing her speciality: Adjunct naturopathic care in oncology treatment and beyond. We talk about how she came to specialise in cancer, what it is like to establish a collaborative spirit with Oncologists, how a patient can feel empowered in the process of making changes and navigating options and the importance of mind/body practices. We discuss some of the research that shows some things to be very supportive for treatment, side effects and quality of life, as well as different dietary approaches suiting different cancers. It’s fascinating and hopeful and I hope you or a loved one finds it helpful if this is something you’re working through right now.
Questions I asked Carla:
- Why your interest in oncology
- What is the naturopathic medicine understanding of cancer?
- Do you work with patients who choose conventional therapy alongside them + with those who decide not to?
- What is the science telling us about cancer and its root causes (genetics vs environment/lifestyle)
- In terms of prevention based on everything you know, what comes up time and again as the most important preventative strategy against cancer.
- How powerful is the mind/spiritual piece in cancer treatment?
- Tell us about how you support patients on the cancer journey?
- How did you get into working in this space as a Naturopath?
- What type of patients do you see most frequently?
- Is any type of cancer more common in your clinic?
- What is the typical support you would give a patient?
- What are your favourite complementary medicines to recommend?
- Are these safe to take for everyone with cancer or while undergoing treatment?
- Do you recommend dietary or other changes like exercise?
- What benefits do your patients tell you they get out of working with a naturopath?
About Carla Wrenn
Carla Wrenn is a fully qualified Naturopath who has been in practice since 2001 and is a member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society, Institute of Functional Medicine, and Society of Integrative Oncology. She studied for five years at the Australian College of Natural Medicine, graduating in 2001 with a Bachelor of Health Science in Naturopathy and Diplomas in Naturopathy, Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, and Classical Homeopathy.
This week’s sponsors:
Ausclimate’s highly recommended range of WINIX Air Purifiers is the ideal solution for cleaner, healthier indoor air. Easy to use, reactive features and settings with a truly comprehensive 4-5 stages of purification, including Hospital Grade True HEPA Filtration and Winix’s unique PlasmaWave® technology. Perfect for smoke, dust, pets, viruses, bacteria, household odours, and allergies (covering a variety of allergens). Breathe easier, sleep better and feel better. Winix; the most complete air-purifiers on the market!
Offer: Ausclimate is now giving all Low Tox Life followers an EXTRA 10% OFF their already discounted prices on Ausclimate.com.au – Simply enter the discount code of LOWTOXLIFE on check out via: https://www.ausclimate.com.au/
This discount can also be redeemed for over-the-phone orders verbally.
Changing weather patterns means the skin has to adjust and it is not always easy for it to adjust. Our genuine natural remedies are great at helping people and families manage that transition.
Bio-First enables families’ to solve their skin issues and enhance their immune support with Genuine Natural Remedies that work. Their Genuine Natural Remedies are world-first natural and non-toxic formulations, such as their Manuka Skin Saver, specifically formulated to soothe, nourish & hydrate skin prone to eczema or psoriasis with their medical-grade Manuka Honey. Finally, something that works & fast!
Their Self Heal Salve won Gold in the 2022 Organic Beauty Award
- Genuine Natural Remedies
- Australian Certified Toxic Free & Think Dirty Verified
- Family run business
- Australian made from all-natural ingredients
- 2022 LUXlife Health, Beauty & Wellness Awards – Winner – Most Innovative Non-Toxic Skincare Brand NSW
- All of our products use more than one active ingredient, most have 3-4
- World-first formulations using ancient ingredients in modern form
Offer: 20% off sitewide for the month of September, using promo code LOWTOX. Make sure to use the AU and US links below:
Other helpful links:
For more info on Carla and natural medicine solutions visit https://www.peninsulaherbaldispensary.com.au/ and https://www.carlawrenn.com/
You can find Carla on Facebook and on Instagram @carlawrenn.
Enjoy the show,