I get asked all the time: “I want to leave a review but HOW?” So here’s how to leave a review on ITunes on your phone?
Don’t be “in your show” where you see all the episodes, you won’t be able to do it. Just go to general podcast app and hit the search icon. Type in Low Tox Life. DON’T click on one of the single episode /shows that comes up, click on the Low Tox Life square tile. Once clicked on that, you’ll see 3 tabs: Details. Reviews. Related. Click subscribe, then click reviews and there you can write your review. 2 words, 1 sentence, biggest AHA… Doesn’t matter, just for you to leave one is so much appreciated and helps us stay visible in ITunes charts and Thrive. Thanks so much guys, Alexx x
Firstly, a treat from this month’s show supporters…Nourished Life, Little Urchin and The Wholefood Collective
The strictest online beauty & lifestyle store when it comes to toxins. Irene and her team are 100% committed to finding the best products out there, they even have an in-house naturopath who can answer questions about supplements and how to use them. Shipping is free if you’re in Australia if you join the Nourished Life Club, and you can earn points as you shop and even for referring friends and writing a review, as well as getting access to special club member sales. It’s an amazing resource and well worth making a part of your regular online shopping list. They also ship internationally, get in touch with them for rates.
10% off the whole site using the code LOWTOXLIFE. SHOP HERE
Low Tox Life “best of” packs
If you’re not sure where to start, I have created a few packs which include my go-to products from Nourished Life to get you going on your low tox journey with great savings: my favourite reusables, Low Tox Face, Low Tox Body, Low Tox Home and Low Tox Kids packs. If you fancy asking your family for a low tox gift, or gifting something special to a friend to get started – the packs turbocharge your low tox efforts.
Little Urchin is a triumph and a brilliant example that great sun care can be achieved from both a texture and effectiveness perspective, without ingredients potentially detrimental to someone’s health, nor to the beautiful life in our oceans while we swim away throughout our summers. I have road tested it myself and on my son – it is definitely a less “thick” option compared to other natural sunscreens out there. This sunscreen is formulated to be suitable for the whole family, including babies over 6 months. The formulation also includes certified organic green tea extract, cucumber extract, and rosehip extract for a soothing and cooling effect on the skin. It is Australian made and owned and 3 hours water resistant. What else could we ask for? They recently added to the range a daily moisturiser and tinted sunscreen both with SPF 30.
Get a FREE Little Urchin Daily Moisturiser when you purchase a Little Urchin Natural Sunscreen + Tinted Sunscreen on Nourished Life (that’s 33% discount). Write “free urchin” in the checkout comments to redeem your offer. SHOP HERE
The Wholefood Collective
A great new brand that I am proud to support as an affiliate. It’s a small family-run business, focused on education and community and adding value with a membership model giving people 30% off on average their pantry staples, with a mostly organic range. The membership model allows them to pass on this huge saving, helping people make the important changes they want to make and switch to organic. For an entry-level membership of $59 a year, you get on average 30% off your shopping, with free shipping on orders over $140. They also provide beautiful educational resources to which I will contribute to make the transition to healthy living an easier one. They’ve gathered together the bees knees of the Australian health and wellness industry to help share this knowledge along with online classes including cook-a-longs and yoga classes, and more!
Your first order will have an additional 10% off when you become a member, so that’s a 40% total saving on average. When you become a member you receive a host of bonuses such as a complimentary 3 month membership to Food Matters TV (FMTV), a complimentary video mini-series on ‘How to Wholefood Your Life’ with Ashley Jubinville, Australia’s leading Kitchen Coach, a TWC recipe e-book and all the exclusive content mentioned above.
The offer is set to expire on Christmas day, is limited to one use per user and can’t be used in conjunction with other coupon codes. Code is LOWTOX and you can SHOP HERE. If you’re not sure where to start, I’ve put together a list of my pantry essentials HERE.
Now onto the show…
In today’s show I share a few quick tips for not being overwhelmed by this super busy time of year, as well as sharing a little about what’s in our comprehensive entertaining e book “Celebrate”, now available for just $9. I then invite a wonderful, passionate biodynamic wine maker onto the show, Vanya Cullen of Cullen Wines, WA to discuss how she and many other grape growers are starting to see that rather than a hindrance and ‘pain’ growing biodynamic, it’s actually proven a commercial and ecological triumph to do so. It’s one of the best explanations of biodynamics I’ve heard and she’s invited us all to visit the winery in the Margaret River – group excursion? She shares her family’s “why”, a deep insight into biodynamic farming, and also a look at varietals and food matching – what’s not to love as we head into December, right? Enjoy the show!
Here’s a little snapshot of the juicy bits in today’s episode…
- Be conscious about what you say “yes” to at this time of the year, preserving some free time for yourself. In terms of family catch ups, try to stay away from people who drain you and create a little pocket of quiet by taking some time out during these big long lunches or family gatherings.
- In terms of food, don’t make things complicated and don’t do too much. Entertaining should be everybody’s job – if you’re hosting this year, don’t be afraid to share the feast menu and ask people to contribute by bringing one item each. Everybody will feel good for having made something and you can all thank each other for a great get together.
- I love serving a celebratory drink called the Celestial Spritz: 1L carafe with 100ml of gin at the bottom, 150ml of freshly pressed apple juice, a few torn kaffir lime leaves, 90ml Elderflower cordial and 60ml of fresh lime juice, add ice all the way to the top of the carafe and fill the rest with soda water. One carafe will serve 4 people.
- Now onto biodynamic wine. Cullen Wines is a family business which started in 1971 when the first grapes were planted on the property in WA. From low chemical input in the early days, they then moved to organic and now to biodynamic farming which they’ve embraced for the last 20 years. All Cullen Wines are grown on a certified biodynamic, Carbon Neutral and naturally powered estate.
- Biodynamic is the way people used to farm before using chemicals, it’s all about connections between the soil, the plant and the environment surrounding it. The specific preparation that is used on the property is full of microbiological life. A cow horn is filled with cow manure, then buried into the ground on winter solstice which brings the strongest earthing and water energies. It’s taken out in summer – a teaspoon of this concoction will have billions of microflora. It is then dynamised at a certain time of the month through a series of water vortexes. This amazingly rich substance is then sprayed on the ground. Other similar preparations are used as tonics for the vines. The beauty of biodynamic is that it renders the plant so healthy that pests and diseases are pretty much non-existent.
- When tasting Cullen wines you will sense the aliveness and completeness of a wine that is biodynamic, with no addition of acid or yeast. Grapes are harvested by hand on fruit and flower days according to the astrological calendar as the influence of the moon and planets impacts the quality of the wine.
- Cullen Wines make Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, and at their Mangan Estate next door they also produce Merlot-Malbec-Petit Verdot and Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot wines.
And here are a few extra important links:
For more entertaining tips, check out my new Low Tox entertaining eBook CELEBRATE. GRAB IT HERE with your code lowtoxsub for only $9. We cover every aspect of low tox entertaining from food to drinks, reducing waste, making your own Christmas crackers, etc. in 113 pages.
For way more tips on the cooking front, making the best of gifts you received, asking for what you want, and loads more information to get ready for this time of the year, myself and my friend Jude Blereau are hosting a webinar on Tuesday 5th December at 8.30pm Sydney time. We will be answering all your questions live. You can register for free HERE. If you can’t attend the live recording you’ll still receive the playback when you register.
Vanya mentions a biodynamic calendar and moon planting guide – you can find the app HERE.
We have a special offer for all listeners – $70 discount when you purchase 12 Cullen wine bottles (RRP $347) including:
3 x 2017 Rose Moon
3 x 2017 Malbec PF
3 x 2017 Dancing in the sun
3 x 2017 Dancing in the moonlight
Coupon code : LTL01
Redeem your offer HERE
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for Android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet