I get asked all the time: “I want to leave a review but HOW?” So here’s how to leave a review on ITunes on your phone?
Don’t be “in your show” where you see all the episodes, you won’t be able to do it. Just go to general podcast app and hit the search icon. Type in Low Tox Life. DON’T click on one of the single episode /shows that comes up, click on the Low Tox Life square tile. Once clicked on that, you’ll see 3 tabs: Details. Reviews. Related. Click subscribe, then click reviews and there you can write your review. 2 words, 1 sentence, biggest AHA… Doesn’t matter, just for you to leave one is so much appreciated and helps us stay visible in ITunes charts and Thrive. Thanks so much guys, Alexx x
Now onto the show…
This one is SO interesting this week! In this show I chat to an amazing woman and therapist, Tracey McMullen. I went to have a session with her after someone I knew had been to Tracey as a part of her fertility journey. Well, I can honestly say that I’m not too sure how she does it, but Tracey has a gift – the way she speaks, the gentle way she asks questions, looking for the way you answer to then dig a little deeper where you need to go and then way she helps you find a release from things buried sometimes further than you’re able to get to them to release yourself – It was as woo woo intangible as I’ve got in learning about a therapy, yet I’ve been back twice since and she’s nailed a couple of things better than anyone I’ve seen so far on a couple of issues. In this episode, Tracey explains beautifully what energetic healing is and how it can benefit us all. I’m being sufficiently vague in describing what we talk about on this show, because frankly I’m still trying to get my head around it myself, so if you want to delve into energetics of the body then this is a show you’ll find fascinating.
Funny side note: You might hear the airplane sound as it goes over Tracey in the Inner West of Sydney… then, fainly overhead as it reaches me a minute later in the east. I couldn’t help but marvel at the possibilities that airplanes have given us as well as the fact that we were on this call that was then to be broadcast to you guys via the internet. Strange, wonderful world.
Here’s a little snapshot of the juicy bits in today’s episode…
- Integrative Energetic Medicine works with the electromagnetism of the body – the practitioner is trained to feel with their hands in order to manipulate, correct or move congestion in the body by working with these magnetic forces.
- Every part of our body is affected by electromagnetic forces whether internal or external. Nature is an incredible balancer and cleanser – grounding exercises helps a person’s energetic field and calm their mind.
- Root causes for illness / imbalances / diseases can be unconscious for most of us: the practitioner works by talking with the person and listening to them, feeling how they are when they say something, and assessing by feeling into the person’s energetic field, seeing how it changes when they talk.
- All experiences, challenges and situations that a person has lived through will pile up throughout their lives like a pile of pearls. Not everything needs to be analysed, it just needs to be dealt with efficiently so the mind can let go of it. If the largest pearl down the bottom of the pile gets removed (the core issue that affects the person), it disintegrates the pile and the person’s outlook on life can be changed dramatically.
- Trauma can manifest in a person in a lot of different ways – most of the time people presume they’ve released trauma but if the symptoms have not been alleviated or get worse it usually means the trauma has not been fully discharged. Symptoms can manifest through anxiety, weight gain, weight loss, infertility, allergies, kidney problems, inability to handle toxins, and many other conditions.
- Evidence based medicine is largely based on symptoms and cause/effect. You have to fit within a category in order to get a result. Results based medicine looks at the whole person, what shapes their perception, providing a tailored treatment based on their individual mind-body connection, physical and energetic make up, in order to get to the result that they want and require.
- Theta brainwave entrainment can be a shortcut to achieve a meditative state. Theta is the brainwave state achieved in deep meditation. 15min of a theta metronome (recorded sound) will entrain your brain into a meditative state and 30min can feel like a 4 hour nap and a complete psychological and physical reset. It can be an invaluable tool for anxiety and sleep issues as well.
- Integrative Energetic Medicine also helps people connect to their personal power. Anyone experiencing difficulties or setbacks is to some extent disconnected from their full potential or power. Everyone can have resolute ideas about what it is they want to achieve, be clear on what their goals are and be able to follow through on their goals, allowing synchronicities to line up for them to get them to where they want to be sooner. Unresolved issues or the way we feel about ourselves can prevent us from stepping into our power.
- Take the time to spring clean your emotions regularly. Once a week look at your life as it currently is in compartments: what you like about your life, what you don’t like, what you want to change and examine what takes you off balance and what prevents you from getting to where you feel you want to be. This will help you to strategise changes efficiently. Another way can be to go into the observer role. Watch your life as if you’re watching a movie and don’t allow yourself to get engaged in any other way, this helps to not get caught into emotional reactions in challenging situations.
And here are a few extra important links:
To find out more about Tracey’s work check out her website HERE.
You can download a reputable Theta metronome recording HERE.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet