I get asked all the time: “I want to leave a review but HOW?” So here’s how to leave a review on ITunes on your phone?
Don’t be “in your show” where you see all the episodes, you won’t be able to do it. Just go to general podcast app and hit the search icon. Type in Low Tox Life. DON’T click on one of the single episode /shows that comes up, click on the Low Tox Life square tile. Once clicked on that, you’ll see 3 tabs: Details. Reviews. Related. Click subscribe, then click reviews and there you can write your review. 2 words, 1 sentence, biggest AHA… Doesn’t matter, just for you to leave one is so much appreciated and helps us stay visible in ITunes charts and Thrive. Thanks so much guys, Alexx x
Firstly, a treat from this month’s show supporters…Nourished Life and Little Urchin
The strictest online beauty & lifestyle store when it comes to toxins. Irene and her team are 100% committed to finding the best products out there, they even have an in-house naturopath who can answer questions about supplements and how to use them. Shipping is free if you’re in Australia if you join the Nourished Life Club, and you can earn points as you shop and even for referring friends and writing a review, as well as getting access to special club member sales. It’s an amazing resource and well worth making a part of your regular online shopping list. They also ship internationally, get in touch with them for rates.
10% off the whole site using the code LOWTOXLIFE. SHOP HERE
Low Tox Life “best of” packs
If you’re not sure where to start, I have created a few packs which include my go-to products from Nourished Life to get you going on your low tox journey with great savings: my favourite reusables, Low Tox Face, Low Tox Body, Low Tox Home and Low Tox Kids packs. If you fancy asking your family for a low tox gift, or gifting something special to a friend to get started – the packs turbocharge your low tox efforts.
Little Urchin is a triumph and a brilliant example that great sun care can be achieved from both a texture and effectiveness perspective, without ingredients potentially detrimental to someone’s health, nor to the beautiful life in our oceans while we swim away throughout our summers. I have road tested it myself and on my son – it is definitely a less “thick” option compared to other natural sunscreens out there. This sunscreen is formulated to be suitable for the whole family, including babies over 6 months. The formulation also includes certified organic green tea extract, cucumber extract, and rosehip extract for a soothing and cooling effect on the skin. It is Australian made and owned and 3 hours water resistant. What else could we ask for? They recently added to the range a daily moisturiser and tinted sunscreen both with SPF 30.
Get a FREE Little Urchin Daily Moisturiser when you purchase a Little Urchin Natural Sunscreen + Tinted Sunscreen on Nourished Life (that’s 33% discount). Write “free urchin” in the checkout comments to redeem your offer. SHOP HERE
Now onto the show…
Oh. My. Gosh. I’ve found us an extraordinary practitioner – a woman who founded the first holistic health centre in Sydney in the mid 70s in Paddington who for decades has been building her expertise in the area of women’s health, fertility for couples and natural contraception. In this show we discuss the pill and other modern contraception methods, the cons, the deficiencies or body imbalances they breed and how to successfully come off them. Then, Francesca takes us through how we can get to know our bodies’ rhythms and temperature variations, to have as successful a time preventing conception naturally as using any other main form of contraception – It’s a JAM PACKED episode for women’s reproductive health and empowerment, that’s all I’m going to say. A must listen.
Here’s a little snapshot of the juicy bits in today’s episode…
- There’s more people taking the pill nowadays than any other drug. However there are some serious side effects, the main one being the nutritional deficiencies and the many associated symptoms the pill can bring. Vitamin A is very disrupted when someone is on the pill. It is important for teeth, gums, eyes, immunity, skin integrity, it’s also an important antioxidant. Folate, which is one of the B vitamins, Vitamin C and zinc are all incredibly affected by being on the pill. Iron and copper are more easily absorbed when you’re on the pill but they interfere with the absorption of zinc, which is vital to the functioning of the body. The pill can also bring about magnesium deficiency which increases PMS symptoms.
- If conception happens soon after stopping the pill, there’s evidence of increased problems with pregnancy and baby malformation, which can be linked to nutritional deficiencies. Generally waiting for 6 months after stopping the pill enables to rebuild the nutrients stores and eliminate the side-effects of the pill in the system.
- Natural contraception can be used very easily while breastfeeding and it’s better to stay away from the mini-pill that is commonly prescribed at that time as it can have adverse hormonal effects on the baby.
- The sense of smell is changed while on the pill. Studies have shown that we would normally choose a partner that has a different smell to us because it enables our children to inherit a wider range of immune efficiencies. When we’re on the pill the sense of smell is disturbed and we tend to choose partners that have the same smell / same immune system. Once we get off the pill to conceive, and if we have chosen our partner when we were on the pill, it can impact conception / attraction to our partner and the immunity of our children.
- The pill has also been linked to reduced libido, depression and mood disorders as well as general increase in inflammation.
- Other methods of contraception that work in a similar way to the pill are implants which aren’t easily reversed, IUD and IUS. They prevent a fertilised egg to be implanting. These devices can bring excessive bleeding, painful periods and pelvic inflammatory disease. Copper IUDs impact on zinc absorption and lead to lower immunity and increased inflammation.
- The use of condoms and diaphragms at fertile times of the months will generally bring no side-effects.
- One of the first thing to do once coming off any contraception method using hormones is to get back on a good nutritional program through a naturopath or holistic practitioner. Herbs work well for hormonal imbalances and for restoring good ovarian function and uterus health. They also help with liver detoxification and mucous membrane health.
- Natural contraception involves observing body signs. The first sign is cervical mucous: the mucous is produced as a result of the oestrogen peak that happens in the lead up to ovulation and helps sperm and egg to come together. The other sign is body at rest temperature: the body temperature raises when ovulation is over. Ovulation thermometers have a wider spacing on the degrees and are better taken under the tongue.
- Usually it takes 3 cycles of charting to get comfortable reading the signs and working with the natural contraceptive method. People with PCOS or irregularities may take longer to feel comfortable with this method.
- Studies on natural contraception have shown high success rates of 98%, similar to the results achieved with the pill. Natural contraception has absolutely no side effects, is totally reversible, lifelong and it’s also a great way to get to know your body better.
And here are a few extra important links:
To find out more about Francesca’s work, book a consult or purchase her books and contraception kits, visit her website HERE.
Francesca has a few practitioners working with her who conduct Skype consultations.
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for Android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet