I get asked all the time: “I want to leave a review but HOW?” So here’s how to leave a review on ITunes on your phone?
Don’t be “in your show” where you see all the episodes, you won’t be able to do it. Just go to general podcast app and hit the search icon. Type in Low Tox Life. DON’T click on one of the single episode /shows that comes up, click on the Low Tox Life square tile. Once clicked on that, you’ll see 3 tabs: Details. Reviews. Related. Click subscribe, then click reviews and there you can write your review. 2 words, 1 sentence, biggest AHA… Doesn’t matter, just for you to leave one is so much appreciated and helps us stay visible in ITunes charts and Thrive. Thanks so much guys, Alexx x
Firstly, a treat from this month’s show supporters…Nourished Life and Little Urchin
The strictest online beauty & lifestyle store when it comes to toxins. Irene and her team are 100% committed to finding the best products out there, they even have an in-house naturopath who can answer questions about supplements and how to use them. Shipping is free if you’re in Australia if you join the Nourished Life Club, and you can earn points as you shop and even for referring friends and writing a review, as well as getting access to special club member sales. It’s an amazing resource and well worth making a part of your regular online shopping list. They also ship internationally, get in touch with them for rates.
10% off the whole site using the code LOWTOXLIFE. SHOP HERE
Low Tox Life “best of” packs
If you’re not sure where to start, I have created a few packs which include my go-to products from Nourished Life to get you going on your low tox journey with great savings: my favourite reusables, Low Tox Face, Low Tox Body, Low Tox Home and Low Tox Kids packs. If you fancy asking your family for a low tox gift, or gifting something special to a friend to get started – the packs turbocharge your low tox efforts.
Little Urchin is a triumph and a brilliant example that great sun care can be achieved from both a texture and effectiveness perspective, without ingredients potentially detrimental to someone’s health, nor to the beautiful life in our oceans while we swim away throughout our summers. I have road tested it myself and on my son – it is definitely a less “thick” option compared to other natural sunscreens out there. This sunscreen is formulated to be suitable for the whole family, including babies over 6 months. The formulation also includes certified organic green tea extract, cucumber extract, and rosehip extract for a soothing and cooling effect on the skin. It is Australian made and owned and 3 hours water resistant. What else could we ask for? They recently added to the range a daily moisturiser and tinted sunscreen both with SPF 30.
Get a FREE Little Urchin Daily Moisturiser when you purchase a Little Urchin Natural Sunscreen + Tinted Sunscreen on Nourished Life (that’s 33% discount). Write “free urchin” in the checkout comments to redeem your offer. SHOP HERE
Now onto the show…
This week as you can see we have two shows! Reason being I’ve brought the Monday’s show that would have aired Christmas day forward a few days – because, well it’s going to help us with the days ahead and the week that heads us into a new year. Brooke McAlary has authored two booked that help us navigate a world that feels more like one that ‘fits’ us, by slowing down, simplifying, getting in touch with our values and ‘why’. Enjoy the show!
Here’s a little snapshot of the juicy bits in today’s episode…
- Acknowledge that crazy days end and make sure the day doesn’t end crazy: relax at the end of a busy day, do something that you enjoy, that makes you feel good.
- Moments of overwhelm can quickly sneak up on you: it’s important to find your own set of coping mechanisms and to recognise the signs early to avoid tipping into the overwhelm stage.
- Always make time to seat back from everyone even if just for a minute during gatherings or family celebrations to soak it all in, and take a bit of perspective.
- There is not one way to live a simpler, slower life. Each person needs to find their own rhythms and the coping mechanisms that suit their life.
- There’s nothing wrong with wanting to improve the way you live but there needs to be space for contentment for what you already have and the time and effort you have the ability to give to your life in that moment.
- The intention behind Brooke’s new book SLOW is to get people to search for their “why”, questioning and paying attention: why do you make the choices you make everyday? Brooke found out what her “why” was once she had written her eulogy. Finding your own “why” and thinking more critically about your choices will help you to design the life you truly wants.
- Writing your eulogy or a list of priorities / values will help you find out whether you’re spending your time where you need to in order to follow through on what’s important to you.
- Mind map a list of things you have achieved in this current year and write down the things that will be important for you to achieve in the next year. Directing your attention to how you want your days to look like, by playing around with a daily ritual for example, is a nice way to welcome the new year.
And here are a few extra important links:
You can find out more about Brooke’s work and her books DESTINATION SIMPLE and SLOW HERE.
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for Android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet