NEW PATREON SUPPORT PAGE – Yay! The Low Tox Club is BACK and here to stay (I had to take it off line 18 months ago when I got sick with the mould stuff), but it’s different: YOU decide how much you want to spend to be a part of it.
You can become a Low Tox Life club member on Patreon for as little as $4USD a month. We have some awesome extras planned for our Patreon supporters, but first up, we’re including a private Low Tox Life chat group – finally! As well as a little bonus chat my son had with last week’s guest, Tim Brooks of LEGO! You’ll be able to unlock these Patreon extras when you sign up HERE to become a Low Tox Life podcast “patron”. I’m really excited to see where this takes us all. We have MEGA plans x
Now onto the show…
Hold onto your hats guys this is a BIG and LONG one. Elisa and I recorded both this conversation and another for our Low Tox Kids course in a 3 hour marathon from two sides of the Pacific Ocean. Dr Song is such a caring soul, and with her knowledge of both conventional and complementary medicine offers incredible support as we navigate the modern world with more kids having some sort of issue than not, these days. In this chat we discuss what the biggest challenges we face in children’s health are today, as well as some of the ways we can best support our children today. I hope you enjoy this important conversation and connect with Dr Elisa’s wonderful online resources.
Here’s a little snapshot of the juicy bits in today’s episode…
- By 2025, it is projected that 8 in 10 kids are going to have some sort of chronic condition. Auto-immune illnesses and autism in children are being diagnosed earlier and earlier and are growing at a concerning rate.
- Conditions such as eczema and asthma are a sign that their immune system is not working well. Gut health is closely linked to the immune system so it’s a good place to start. Getting a detailed stools analysis to check the balance of bacteria and whether there are any parasites in the gut is important to find out how best to support a child’s microbiome.
- If all you did was to look at your child’s diet, you could in most instances improve the health of your child by 85%. What may cause the issue could be lack of nutrients in the diet, too many inflammatory foods that the child is having, or too many toxins present in the diet. Taking kids off gluten and dairy is a great first step to see if any improvements take place.
- Some important supplements to include in the diet which support gut health, immunity and help improve specific skin conditions: Omega 3 and 6 as well as Zinc which is an incredibly important mineral to heal any lining (skin or gut). Vitamin D is also essential. As a topical solution, Calendula helps with skin healing and homoeopathically diluted histamine can help greatly with the itching.
- Asthma is also a very common conditions these days amongst children. Checking for food sensitivities is also the first step here. Magnesium is a great supplement to take as it relaxes the muscles. Mucus production can be combatted by removing dairy from the diet. Levels of glutathione are typically low in kids or adults with asthma and a quick way to build these levels back up is to take Epsom salts bath.
- The first step to a resilient child is putting only the highest quality ingredients into and onto our children’s bodies. Prioritise what you feed your kids, include colourful fruit and vegetables and focus on organic as much as possible. Include good healthy fats and organic meats.
- Keep out of their diet what’s not going to serve your children and will be detrimental to their health: processed foods, additives, preservatives, artificial flavours and dyes. Those foods are poison for your child’s brain and gut.
- 80% of the neurotransmitters that support our brain are made in the gut lining. Fermented foods, probiotics and high quality nutrients are key to support good functioning gut.
- Prioritising our lifestyle and slowing down is also a key part of building resilience in our children. Parents need to model that: prioritise time outside, in nature, prioritise sleep.
- Emotions can be as much of a toxic stress as the other toxins we put into our body. Help your children manage their emotions instead of ignoring them.
And here are a few extra important resources:
You can find out more about Dr Elisa Song and her work on her website HERE or follow her on Facebook or Instagram
Acupressure points on the HAND and on the FEET here’s a diagram:
Our featured course this month is THRIVE so if you want to know how to raise kids who love real food, I’d love you to join us. See you in the private FB group, Alexx x
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for Android.
If you want to listen on Spotify click through HERE.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet