I had to write an emergency blog. This cauliflower puree was so, so very smooth and I just wanted to share exactly what I did.
I served it with flattened Chicken Breasts with herbs, citrus and purple onion.
Done. Real food. Happy Bodies.
Silky Smooth Cauliflower Puree Recipe
- Set your timer to 18 minutes, temperature Varoma, an inch or two of water in the bottom, steamer basket in place. Once it’s going, cut all your cauliflower into small florets, stalks and all, and pop through the hole into the steamer basket, and then put the lid on.
- Then, remove steamer basket with the spatula, safely.
- Tip water out and pour cauliflower into the TM bowl.
- Add coconut cream and 1/4 tsp salt to bowl. Puree on 7 for 1 minute. You’re done. It should be amazingly light and silky. Feel free to add butter if you want a richer flavour.
- Bring water to the boil and steam small florets of cauliflower for 15 minutes.
- Then tip your well steamed cauliflower into a blender or into the saucepan to use a stick blender. Add your coconut cream and 1/4 tsp sea salt and blitz until it looks silky smooth.
For Flattened Chicken Breasts with herbs, citrus and purple onion
- I caramelised a large purple onion in coconut oil.
- I flattened 2 chicken breasts and doused in lemon zest, dried oregano and a few fennel seeds
- Then added them to the pan and cooked, turning them often, for about 10 minutes.
- I then added 1/3 cup of stock and 1/2 lemon squeezed in for the final couple of minutes cooking.
- I took the heat off. I took the chicken breasts out.
- I added a little olive oil to the pan to create an emulsion (thanks Marco Pierre White for that trick!)
- Then, popped cauli puree on the bottom, sliced chook and caramelised onion on top, then a good spoon of the pan sauce. DEE licious!
- Served with a carrot and mint salad with cultured veggies mixed in.