Keeping my late grandmère’s Sunday afternoon cake tradition rolling on here in Mauritius, this simple almond blender cake was born because I wanted to make a “stick it all in a blender”, no fuss cake. The result is a very light and fluffy, almond meal based cake for gluten free peeps. Enjoy! So easy. If someone wants to measure out the thermomix measures, I don’t have weights here and I’d be eternally grateful if you couple pop them in the comments.
Can’t wait to see how you enjoy it – Say hello on instagram @lowtoxlife or #lowtoxlife with your pics
Real Treats. Happy Bodies.
Simple Almond Blender Cake Recipe
- Pre heat oven to 180C (I did this in a non fan forced oven)
- Grease a baking paper lined tin with olive oil
- Blend on high the 4 eggs and sugar for 1 minute (or TM speed 6, 1 minute)
- Add everything else except the olive oil and blend a further 30 secs
- Add the olive oil in slowly at the end over another 30 secs
- Pour into tin and scatter slivered almonds over the top.
- Bake for 30-35mins, checking at 20-25 if you have a fan forced oven. (You can make as large muffins – it makes 8-9 – and bake for 20 mins too, as a variation)
- Pull out and cool on a cake rack.
- Enjoy. It’s the perfect tea cake. Light, fluffy, nutrient packed.