I simply had to pop this super simple snapper recipe up so you could make in the coming days. This was for our little family of 3, but for a bigger family you could just double it and use two pans. So simple. Super tasty. 15 minute meal with steamed greens on the side. Perfection!
Real Food. Happy Bodies. Easy Peasy
Super Simple Snapper Recipe
- 2 large snapper fillets (about 4oo-450g) or any other white fish is fine
- 1/3-1/2 bunch parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 stalks spring onion
- 60 g butter
- 1/4 lime or lemon
- sea salt to taste
- 1 heaped tsp kelp or dulse flakes (great for adding minerals including ever important iodine)
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme
- Chop roughtly the cloves, parsley, spring onion
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fanforced or 350F
- Warm pan on med / hi on stove and melt 40g of the butter in it
- As soon as butter is melted pop the fish in skin side down
- Then sprinkle with salt, kelp if using and half of the herb / garlic / spring onion chop up
- Then after 2 minutes frying, flip and sprinkle again with a little salt, add the remaining butter and herbs / garlic and pop in the oven after 2 mins frying on that side for 4-5 minutes tops.
- Pull out of oven to rest for a minute. Squeeze with the lime / lemon.