Therapeutic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder / extract
- 125 g salted butter (or add 2 pinches of salt if unsalted) – use coconut oil or ghee for dairy free.
- 110 g rapadura or coconut granulated sugar 2/3 cup
- 25 g 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 25 g 1/4 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- 40 g 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 100 g 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda / powder
- 1 egg (or flax / chia gel equivalent for egg free)
- 130 g dark chopped chocolate / 1 cup NOTE: If you use Enjoy Life choc chips, those are over 40% sugar, so you can drop back the rapadura / panela to 70-80g / 1/3 -1/2 cup so that they’re not too sweet. I used a mix of Cocolo 70% and Black Out 85% Alter Eco which are 24% and 15% respectively, so the sweetness was perfect as is in the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F fan forced (optional)
- Prepare a tray with baking paper, greased lightly with olive oil or butter
- Use either a KitchenAid, Thermomix / MyCook or simple hand held egg beaters with a high edged bowl for this recipe.
- Cream sugar, butter and vanilla together until lightened brown
- Add egg and whip through until well combined
- Add flours, baking soda, cocoa and coconut and mix on low for 15 seconds just to combine
- Stir in dark chocolate chunks by hand
- Put heaped tablespoon blobs onto baking tray in 4 rows of 3-4.
- Form them into circle shapes as best you can (oil your fingers so they don’t stick and it will make it easier to do that bit)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked but choc chips still molten and remove. Slide cookies onto wire rack to cool.