Hello! This week I chat to renowned integrative cardiologist Dr Stephen Sinatra who I’ve interviewed twice now – Once for REAL FOOD ROCKSTARS my take-anytime e course and now in the podcast. I know you’ll love his vibe as much as I do! He’s a nutritional therapist and psychotherapist and a big believer that patients are a doctor’s greatest teachers. We talk about rigidity in the medical profession. Rigidity is the achilles heel of the doctor – believing that whatever we learn in med school then stands still as truth for the rest of their practising years? Well that just makes no sense! They also discuss vital nutrients needed for healthy heart function, whether or not butter is GREEN LIGHT, how to have conversations with your doctor around cholesterol and statins, when statins are useful and when they are not, where lifestyle and nutrient therapy would be enough to produce great heart health results, the redefining of the thinking that cholesterol is our enemy, and more that cholesterol is your friend. Dr Sinatra also talks about the rescuing power of crying and laughing, and what patients really need to heal successfully. Hope you enjoy the show this week.
OR, you can try this Cholesterol Converter Tool. To use the Cholesterol Converter, enter a value into the appropriate field and click on the Convert button to see the cholesterol level expressed in the other standard.
OUR CHALLENGE / TEAM PROJECT FOR THIS WEEK: To laugh and cry more!!!!
Connect with their community online:
Check out Dr Sinatra’s blog here
Podcast Partner offer: RoseHip Plus
As promised, below is list of favourites when thinking about WHY I use Rosehip oil, and the HOW I use it. I just adore this brand and Lisa and her family do such a great job keeping their entire range as low tox as possible.
BEST WAYS TO ROSEHIP OIL:
- Natural glow/highlight on tops of cheekbones, or mixed in with liquid foundation to create a dewy finish
- Adding Rosehip Oil to the tips of hair and split ends to hydrate and give a lustrous shine, OR as a finishing oil to de frizz hair, tame flyaways and split ends – You literally only need 2 drops to make a difference!
- As a conditioning treatment on lips, nails and cuticles. Watching TV give yourself a hand massage – or better yet get your partner to do it!
- Mixed with raw sugar or sea salt as a simple DIY exfoliating treatment – lips, body etc.
- Used to reduce the appearance of scars (including acne scars) and skin pigmentation – perfect for minimising after pregnancy spots around the outer parts of the face. It’s not overnight, but it absolutely helps.
- To treat sensitive skin and skin issues – rosacea, fine lines and wrinkles, skin dehydration etc.
BEST REASONS TO USE IT:
- Australian Certified Organic
- 100% pure and natural
- Cold Pressed without using heat, solvents or chemicals
- No nasties – no other ingredients, preservatives or chemicals added
- Nothing is extracted – seed to bottle
I adore the plain RoseHip oil from their range. It’s a beauty must have for evening out the skin tone, in my humble opinion. I’m very excited to be able to offer you (Australian residents) this amazing offer from the RoseHip PLUS website.
Offer: 25% off your order
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes aired since we launched in July, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’. Go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to want to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet