Onto the show…
This week I chat to household Australian name – Indira Naidoo. From being the youngest anchor on the ABC, to creating the “shonky awards” for CHOICE magazine, targeting false advertisers and crazy claims, to a chance meeting that meant becoming a best selling author inspiring 1000’s of people to grow food no matter how much or little space you have at home. Indira has plenty of interesting stories to share this week whilst she gives us a peek inside her life, her ‘why’ and ‘how’ we can all be a part of the progress towards a healthier planet.
Here’s a little snapshot of the goodies in today’s episode…
– How small communities can take control of their localised challenges – themselves!
– The Shonky Awards, how they came about and how this initiative rejuvenated how the community perceived and valued the ‘Choice awards’
– Exercising the ‘critical thinking’ muscle, and awakening society’s critical thinking.
– How goals, tests and achievements can get in the way of some great organic learning, and how to create pockets of time where there is a feeling of spaciousness and not having to be anywhere.
– How easy it can be to start growing your own veggies, and for Indira how it all started with the taste of a delicious tomato!
– How the incredible book ‘The Edible Balcony’ came about, and how not every crop is going to work out the way you hoped it would – and that’s part of the experience.
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE from Indira: Most people end up doing things they don’t really enjoy doing… but I rarely come across an unhappy gardener. Find your joy, write down 5 things every day that give you joy – and maybe plant a seed, and watch it germinate at the end of the week. The things you think will bring you joy, can sometimes not be the things that actually do. Listen to that little whisper in your head, and once you start to identify and understand those things, you’re drawn more to those things / people / ideas. It also helps you be more grateful, which in turns leads to being happier, and more present. (If you’d be willing to share your list of things that bring you joy on instagram we’d love to hear about them – please don’t forget to tag us @lowtoxlife #lowtoxlife and Indira #dearindira)
Here are all the important links:
Listen HERE to our previous podcast interview with Dr Fiona Kerr, they discuss how you can actually heal yourself from being a procrastinator, and how the brain needs space to create and grown, and how great a service it is to yourself to empty your brain out every so often!
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet