- The concept of willpower as a muscle, one that can be flexed, strengthened and improved
- What actually happens when we procrastinate? Dr Kerr defines the difference between escaping and avoiding
- Understanding why we procrastinate – Hint: We tend to do easy things first and procrastinate over harder things
- The concept of procrastination as a habit – which is great because habits can be broken
- Short and sharp remedies for procrastination including jogging on the spot to help you burn off cortisol
- Tips we need reminding about – like how 5 minutes on Facebook is not a break. It’s procrastination
- Tips on how to be still and how to get comfortable with experiencing nothing
- How to train yourself out of low willpower moments
- Knowing the difference between taking a rest and avoiding a task altogether
- The importance of not making big decisions when you’re hungry or tired
- The magic of cued behaviour and how you can break bad cycles
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE
Pick one of your cued procrastination behaviours and nip it in the bud! If you find yourself scrolling through Facebook for 5 minutes every time you sit down or hitting the snooze button 7 times every morning take the time this week to concentrate on breaking that habit. Make it your week’s focus – to kick your worst procrastination habit to the curb!
So no more of this, right? Well… slowly slowly but hopefully after today’s show you can feel a new possibility to kicking procrastination.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to want to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet.
Low Tox. Happy You. Happy Planet