I promised you I’d have something chocolatey for you for the weekend and I do like to set goals and smash them – especially of the chocolate variety. So, here is a super simple chocolate cake pudding thing that you can whip up in honestly, 2 minutes, stirred in a bowl, popped into a bake tin or tray and cooked for 15-20 minutes. I hope you’ll find it the perfect thing for you to be able to whip up and serve fresh out of the oven with ice cream or cream when the kids have friends over or when you as a family just want a yummy indulgence together.
So easy. Enjoy!
That’s it. Totally unstyled, fresh out of the oven, utterly delicious. My priority was getting you the recipe so I hope you don’t mind! Enjoy and please show me your efforts over on instagram @lowtoxlife when you make it – you guys always make things way prettier than my quick, rustic efforts!
Real Food. Happy Bodies. Yum
Quick Bowl-Mix Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (arrowroot will do too)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2-3 heaped tbsp cocoa powder (I like to use a Dutch processed cocoa or you can use raw cacao too)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (a mild tasting one will work best. If you don’t mind the extra step of melting something, use butter or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or 1/4 cup honey. It’s sweeter so you need less)
- 1 large egg (or two small ones)
- Pre heat an oven at 180 / 350C and line a small cake tin or baking dish (mine was 20cm by 12cm to make a 1.5inch thick little cake pudding)
- Pop all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix through briefly
- Add the olive oil, maple syrup and egg and stir through to combine.
- Pop into the baking tin, scatter the chocolate chips on top and press them in a bit
- Pop the cake into the oven
- Bake 15-20 minutes. 15mins is better if you want a pudding vibe. 20mins if you want a lunchbox vibe.
- Serve with cream, ice cream, whipped cream ( I have my coconut whipped cream down the page of my banoffee pie recipe here) – dairy or coconut based, either will work deliciously.
- Want to take this next level? Chocolate fudge sauce. You’re welcome.
Stunning feature image is courtesy of @erin_dreamingofalmonds on instagram who made the pudding and it looks far better than my quick pic!
Fancy getting SUPER confident on all things real food, cooking, food prep and the power of food for disease prevention? I’d love to invite you to check out our On-Demand (meaning you can start literally right this minute!) e course REAL FOOD ROCKSTARS. If you’re over the food overwhelm, confusion, guilty feelings, not being able to truly give up the junk, and want to know how and where to shop, what to do to get super confident in the kitchen, how to explain to others your whole food choices, what to eat and how best to build a strong body to ward off disease and feel vital and energetic, then maybe it’s time you jumped in! The door’s always open and the private support community is awesome.