Joining me for GO LOW TOX – the e course to help you through every aspect of daily life and reduce environmental toxins? Pop through here to register and I’ll see you on Monday 2nd March x
Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
And onto this week’s show!
In this week’s show as a part of our health series, we’re talking to Zhenya Gerson about poop – specifically in the context of colonics and enema, with a practitioner who has multiple top doctors referring to her here in Sydney. There’s a lot of fear and stigma around using colonics, so I thought I’d get the low down – and yes, everything seems to have a double entendre right now! We talk about colonics, when they’re for, how often to get them, who shouldn’t get them, whether kids can do them, the difference between colonics and enema and whether to source a place that allows you to be in the room alone or with a therapist guiding you. If you’ve been wondering about the benefits of colonics, this is one to listen to! Enjoy the show and as always, you can find the sponsor offer and further details down below.
The Questions I asked Zhenya:
Let’s start with your background…
- In the work that you’ve done, at what point did you become interested in poop/digestion?
- There seems to be a big prevalence of gut/bowel inflammation these days. Can we talk about what diverticulitis/Chron’s/proctitis/colitis etc are in brief and the differences? then some basic gut healing strategies?
- Then let’s talk about colonics vs enemas – the pros and cons and when you’d opt for which in terms of scenario.
- Then lifestyle options that best support optimal gut function and practitioner intervention troubleshooting when the basics don’t help things along much, which is sometimes the case?
- Confusion when one thing works for one person yet not the other – strategies for knowing if one is on the right track when one begins treatments of various kinds?
- Do you believe extensive testing can be helpful when there are multiple factors?
Other helpful links:
To know more about Exhale Wellness Spa and their amazing services: https://www.exhale.net.au/
Our show supporter this month is…
Weleda is only 1 of 2 brands worldwide to be certified with the Union for Ethical Biotrade (UEBT) ‘Sourcing with Respect’ logo, acknowledging their commitment to sourcing with respect for people and the environment.
- Zero microplastics – they are proudly certified with the Look for the Zero logo, showing that they don’t use any plastic ingredients in any of their products; leave-on or wash-off.
- Iconic Skin Food – 1 Skin Food sells every 16 secs worldwide.
- Preserving biodiversity in their biodynamic gardens and through our fair trade partners – together they cultivate organically approximately 248 square kilometres worldwide, the equivalent of almost 35,000 football pitches
- TerraCycle collection for packaging – as a collection of recyclables is challenging and varies throughout Australia, we have set up a process for Weleda packaging to be collated and delivered to TerraCycle for recycling
We have gifted over 600 Bee B&B Hotels and teaching curriculums to Australian schools through their bee hotel program to raise awareness for the importance of biodiversity.
One of my absolutely favourites and one of their oldest products, is Skin Food and we’ve done a blog on its many uses over HERE if you fancy some inspiration for making the most of yours!
You can find out more about their world of sustainable beauty here: https://www.weleda.com.au/our-story/sustainability
OFFER: 15% off the entire Weleda range* and free shipping over $29.95
*excludes gift vouchers, gift packs, and promotional items.
SHOP HERE: http://bit.ly/ShopWeleda
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet