Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
And onto this week’s show!
Do you have skin challenges? Enter part 2 on the skin with Asha Evertsz, Naturopath, beauty therapist and dermal scientist who truly knows her skin. After our interview last year there were still so many questions left to ask and so Asha is back. This week we talk about the gut/skin/brain connection and how these systems talk to each other. We also discuss post-pill acne, rosacea, milia, stretch marks, and collagen supplementation. I hope you enjoy the show!
The Framework for our discussion:
– the gut/skin/brain axis connection
– the relevance of gut health in skin conditions and ageing 10-15 mins
– Darkening ‘spots/patches’ and their link to hormones/other factors?
– Post-pill acne
– Healthy ageing – fine feathery lines vs deeper wrinkles, how best to support both in joining us a lil’ slower
– treatments for acne scarring from the past, including keloid scarring and how to address it best
– What can we do about those little white cysts that can come up from time to time?
– stretch marks
Other helpful links:
To know about safe and natural skin treatments or book an appointment: https://clearskinexperts.melbourne/
Our show supporter this month is…
Weleda is only 1 of 2 brands worldwide to be certified with the Union for Ethical Biotrade (UEBT) ‘Sourcing with Respect’ logo, acknowledging their commitment to sourcing with respect for people and the environment.
- Zero microplastics – they are proudly certified with the Look for the Zero logo, showing that they don’t use any plastic ingredients in any of their products; leave-on or wash-off.
- Iconic Skin Food – 1 Skin Food sells every 16 secs worldwide.
- Preserving biodiversity in their biodynamic gardens and through our fair trade partners – together they cultivate organically approximately 248 square kilometres worldwide, the equivalent of almost 35,000 football pitches
- TerraCycle collection for packaging – as a collection of recyclables is challenging and varies throughout Australia, we have set up a process for Weleda packaging to be collated and delivered to TerraCycle for recycling
We have gifted over 600 Bee B&B Hotels and teaching curriculums to Australian schools through their bee hotel program to raise awareness for the importance of biodiversity.
One of my absolutely favourites and one of their oldest products, is Skin Food and we’ve done a blog on its many uses over HERE if you fancy some inspiration for making the most of yours!
You can find out more about their world of sustainable beauty here: https://www.weleda.com.au/our-story/sustainability
OFFER: 15% off the entire Weleda range* and free shipping over $29.95
*excludes gift vouchers, gift packs, and promotional items.
SHOP HERE: http://bit.ly/ShopWeleda
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet