Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Want to join the Low Tox Club for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And onto this week’s show!
How’s your relationship with your metabolism going? Are you the person who feels like none of the diets seem to work for you, while you look on at a friend who dropped 6 pounds in a week doing the exact same thing? This is going to be a transformative show, in that case. Dr Jade Teta is an inspiring student of life, an author, and a naturopathic doctor. He’s a teacher through and through in the way he helps distil difficult concepts and situations into information you can confidently move forward with. While his speciality as a doctor is integrative endocrinology (the study and treatment of hormones and metabolism) he is passionate about exercise, strength, life coaching and philosophy.
I hope you enjoy this interview where Jade helps us demystify metabolism, muscle, calories and hormones to help you feel your best and keep your SCHMEK in check (that’ll make sense after the show!) Enjoy and head over to the show notes for the sponsor offer and further details on Jade’s work below.
The questions I asked Jade:
- You teach 3 distinct areas: Mind, Muscle & Metabolism How best can you describe the path to how you’ve arrived at those focuses either through personal experience or medical practice/coaching experience. Let’s start with MIND… then continue onto muscle/meta.
- It’s a world where we think we ‘know’ what to do more than ever, yet there’s more inaction than ever: How do we most effectively take knowledge into action? And in the case of something like diet, how the heck do we decode what works for us bio individually in this noisy world and with the many variables at play?
- Muscle: When we’re young to when we’re older: How do we best protect and grow muscle? How do our hormones impact muscle gain? I loved your post on Metabolic “Prehab” as you call it – can you talk us through what this is and why it’s more effective than going all in all at once, 100%?
- What does science show us about the importance of muscle as we age?
- Why are we so confused about metabolism? Can we talk 101 and your 4 M’s and move into optimisation and discuss the 4 toggles/eat to fuel your body rather than the eat less/exercise more adage, and metabolism using the nervous system and hormones to function optimally…
- You say food is a complex bundle of instructions to your metabolism: How do we get it to make the instructions SUPER CLEAR?
- And calories – we’ve had so many health professionals tell us recently that calories in/out means nothing, but you’re saying yes, calories matter…
- What frustrates you about bandwagon diets and all the different ‘expert opinions and books’ that come out with ‘a diet’?
- And finally: “Fake it to you make it” vs “Be it till you See it” – what’s the power of the nuance here?
Other helpful links:
To know more about Jade and his work: https://www.jadeteta.com
Our show supporter this month is…
I’m very grateful for this perfectly aligned offer for you guys right now. Our show supporter this month is today’s guest, Guy Lawrence. He knew there’d be a lot of confusion and stress out there in the times we’re in and he has put together a very generous “Live in flow” resource kit for our community, bless him! Exactly what we need, right?
Here’s what’s in your free Live In Flow Resources Kit:
Due to global circumstances, we have put together an incredible resource kit to help people through these challenging times. Kit Includes:
- An in-depth webinar of the Live In Flow principles & the four pillars to embrace change – Awareness – Acceptance – Intention – Action.
- 3 x guided meditations. One from Guy, Matt & Petra.
- 2 x ebooks. Guy’s 5 Step Morning routine to start the day empowered. Matt’s biohacking the body with sound.
Grab your resource kit here – http://www.liveinflow.com.au/alexx
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet