Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Want to join the Low Tox Club for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And onto this week’s show!
This week I have Dr Alan Christianson on the show talking dietary research, metabolism, thyroid, and iodine. Alan is a naturopathic physician who shares the vulnerability of his own struggles with weight at a young age (read his full story in the show notes – what a tale!) and why that formed his passion for helping people feel themselves using all tools and research available. It’s a great interview from which I know you will learn so much, as I did. Enjoy and head to the shownotes over at lowtoxlife.com/podcast and click on today’s show!
The Questions I asked Alan:
- How does naturopathic/integrative endocrinology differ from allopathic endocrinology so people get a picture of the overlaps and differences?
- Your book “The metabolism reset diet” is one I’m personally just getting started on and I’m really excited to share it with listeners. I’m recovering from CIRS and my metabolism has become terrible through that illness, compounded perhaps by entering the perimenopausal phase but there are a lot of reasons our metabolism can stop feeling like it’s on our team… SO: Metabolism: Can we get a 101?
- Recent research has shown that high blood sugar is actually caused by damage to the pancreas and liver, which is why some people still struggle with weight loss and high blood sugar, even if they cut out sugar and carbs.
- So is that why some people look at a piece of cheesecake in the cafe window and store fat and others eat a slice and store nothing?
- How does metabolism differ for men/women?
- How does metabolism differ from external factors (environmental) and internal (hormones changing/age/stress fluctuations)
- How have you come to prescribe food for people/what factors help you decide what for whom and perhaps when?
- What do you recommend to people to support them in intuitively finding the best foods for them, with all the dietary confusion out there?
- A personal question: You log/journal your food: Why?
- What is the single biggest thing people could do to get on the same team as their metabolism today do you think?
- And now onto Supplementation – I appreciate how much research you do to inform your clinic’s use of supplementation: What worries you about self-prescribing vitamins and herbs out there.
- Let’s talk about a couple of common vitamins/herbs/oils that we can overdo and what overdoing it can potentially look like?
- And onto what you’ve been hard at work on – your next book: What can we expect? Is there a gem of advice/a piece of research that has been thrilling to you to share in this book that’s going to support people to become their healthiest selves?
Other helpful links:
Find out more about Alan and his work: https://www.drchristianson.com/
and Apollo Neuroscience: https://apolloneuro.com
Our show supporter this month is…
Killapilla takes you away to a simpler time when all-natural and organic were just how things were. The Killapilla has been developed by a Queensland Chiropractor and his wife. They were committed to combining the latest in design technology features with only the purest and most natural materials of the past. Resulting in the creation of a perfect pillow. One that is spinally correct, comfortable, non-toxic, healthy, all-natural and organic, and kind to the environment. The Killapilla is Australia’s ONLY All Natural, Organic, and Spinally Correct Pillow. It is “The Healthiest Pillow on the Planet”.
The patented Dual Cell Technology design keeps the Killapilla sturdy for spinally correct and supportive sleep while maximizing comfort night after night. The Zippered Neck Pocket makes the pillow customizable, using the different sized Neck Inserts. It even comes with its own Organic Cotton Zippered Pillow Cover to help protect the pillow.
Through countless testimonials, Dr Todd and Carolina have found that when people switch from a toxic synthetic pillow to the Killapilla that is all-natural and organic AND properly supports the spine, many health concerns are reduced and/or eliminated.
· Poor Quality Sleep
· Sleep Apnoea
· Irritated/Watery Eyes
· Itchiness of the Skin
· Night Terrors
· Hay Fever
· Broken Sleep
· Bad Posture
· Foggy Brain
· Neck Pain and Tension
· Restless Legs
· Forward Head Posture
When you reduce/eliminate stressors on the body (both physical and chemical) you will allow the body to get healthier sleep. As a result, many people have also noted improvements in:
· Energy Levels
· Immune Function
· Hormone Regulation
· Ability to Lose Weight
· Brain Function
· Increased Mood
· Cell Growth/Healing and Repair
Offer: LOWTOXJUNE15 (15% off and FREE SHIPPING Australia wide)
Website URL: https://killapilla.com.au/
Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/killapillaAus/
Instagram URL: https://www.instagram.com/KillapillaAus/
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet