NEW PATREON SUPPORT PAGE – Yay! The Low Tox Club is here and YOU decide how much you want to spend to be a part of it.
You can become a Low Tox Life club member on Patreon for as little as $4USD a month. We have some awesome extras planned for our Patreon supporters, but first up, we’re including a private Low Tox Life chat group – finally! You’ll be able to unlock these Patreon extras when you sign up HERE to become a Low Tox Life podcast “patron”. I’m really excited to see where this takes us all. We have MEGA plans x
Now onto the show… The World’s first zero waste bra!
When you look at a business founder journey, there are countless examples of the change makers and pioneers, being people who’ve come through a mess to create their message or a dark personal time leading them to becoming a torch bearer of sorts on their new path. Stephanie Devine is one of those founders, and her kickstarter campaign cleared its goal in 48 hours last week, such is the demand for sustainable, traceable clothing items and in this case BRAS. I chat to Stephanie about the fire that was put in her belly to found this business and some of the struggles along the way to source materials and convince people to make certain components of her “VERY GOOD BRA” for her. Enjoy the show and be sure to check out the show notes and kickstarter campaign details over at www.lowtoxlife.com/podcast
Here are the questions I ask Stephanie…
- How was “The Very Good Bra” born?
- From financial services to no waste bra maker – a natural career progression, right?
- Breast cancer… did you find that diagnosis, treatment and coming out the other side, had you reassessing everything in life / how things are made etc? Was that where the greenie in you came out?
- What was it about wired bras you were finding in the research that was coming up as no good for women in terms of cancer risk? How exact / what are any figures you can share on that aspect?
- And then there are material choices to be made – talk us through Tencel?
- Then the elastic is from rubber, trees again. Was that a hard thing to arrive at in terms of procurement / manufacturing?
- Tell us about Cradle to Cradle and how they’ve helped you along the way?
- Often the niche aspect of these sorts of eco-warrior ‘done the right way products’ means that conscious consumers pay through the nose for doing the right thing and we can feel a bit hard done by in that… how do you feel we can bring about economy of scale?
- What’s the big picture of what you’re trying to create here?
- What can we do to support your work?
- What’s the most exciting thing about what you’re working on right now / a particular detail / coup / win?
And here are a few extra important resources:
Follow The Very Good Bra on Instagram.
Can’t wait to get one myself!
Have you heard yet? my upcoming book is available for pre order and we’ve put together some fab bonus pre order goodies AND a brilliant discount across all retailers prior to launch date!
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet