NEW PATREON SUPPORT PAGE – Yay! The Low Tox Club is here and YOU decide how much you want to spend to be a part of it.
You can become a Low Tox Life club member on Patreon for as little as $4USD a month – yep. Support the show and reap the rewards over time as we grow, for basically the price of a weird-order coffee with decaf AND almond milk! hehe. We have some awesome extras planned for our Patreon supporters, but first up, we’re including a private Low Tox Life chat group – finally! You’ll be able to unlock these Patreon extras when you sign up HERE to become a Low Tox Life podcast “patron”. I’m really excited to see where this takes us all. Come and join us there for group challenges to accompany the weekly shows, special brand offers to make your low tox switches easier and meaningful chats about the low tox life.
And onto this week’s show!
Author and friend Lee Holmes joins me on the show this week to discuss the simple strategies she implemented when her gut health went south after multiple antibiotics many years ago – Boy do I know what she means! From there her immune system was affected until a cascade effect landed her in hospital. What she managed to do to eat and act her way back to health has now been shared with many thousands of people through her 8 books and thriving online community, and today on the show we talk about some of the strategies she’s found to work best, and what’s been helpful for restoring gut health, rebalancing the good and bad gut bugs and increasing resilience moving forward so that meal time stress can dissipate and you can enjoy food again. If you’re someone who’s tried ‘all the things’ when it comes to your gut health, or even if you’re curious about trying the little one day experiment Lee challenges you to in today’s episode, I hope you enjoy today’s show.
What questions do I ask Lee Holmes this week?
- You’ve been authoring recipe books with a bent on wellness for many years now, onto your 9th: What got you into gut health for the last couple?
- Why do you believe that every second person seems to have a gut issue these days – major factors?
- Does healing one’s gut look the same for everyone? (ie I couldn’t do gaps cause of histamine-rich foods / others can’t eat lots of pre-biotic fibre because it feeds pathogens… How do we approach gut health with our own situation in mind)
- You talk about 4 phases of gut healing: What are they?
- Top ingredients for gut health?
- If you had to name 3 top simple gut healing meal favourites, what would they be?
- You’re a yoga teacher too: How does maintaining a yoga practice help improve your gut health?
- How do you supercharge your gut moving forward to make it more resilient and less prone to weakness down the track?
- Your gut healing powder is a big success with so many: talk me through how you discovered diatomaceous earth? When you say “gently sweeps” – what does that technically mean?
- Can it be used as a binder for toxins?
- Is there a case / are there cases where we need to discuss diatomaceous earth with a practitioner before using?
- What’s next for Lee Holmes. Another book no doubt?
- Your top 3 AHAs on your own path to healing?
Other helpful links?
Check out Lee’s website www.superchargedfood.com.
If you fancy doing the liquid food day experiment here are a couple of links to delicious soups and smoothies to inspire:
From Lee’s website:
Low Tox Life recipes:
Have you heard about the Toxic Home Transformation Summit that I’m a speaker for? Join for free HERE
Have you heard yet? my upcoming book is available for pre order and we’ve put together some fab bonus pre order goodies AND a brilliant discount across all retailers prior to launch date!
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for Android.
If you want to listen on Spotify click through HERE.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet