Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And onto this week’s show!
So you want to avoid water damage and mould in a new apartment or house: What do you do? In this show, I talk about some of the things I’ve been finding and looking for as my family looks for a place to live. There are tips and tools in this show to help you identify a potential issue either in your own home or a home you’re considering moving into and it’s my hope that after listening to this show and taking a look at some of the past shows on mold illness and water damage, that we raise awareness on just how important it is to keep an eye on issues with leaks and drips, the state of our rooves, the way water pools when it rains and start building and demanding healthier houses and maintaining them well for healthier people inside them!
Framework for the Discussion:
My personal house-hunting journey – the good, the bad, and the downright ugly as I find clues to water damage or bad building quality while house hunting in Sydney, Australia!
You’ll learn the top things to spot to know whether a place is water damaged and what to do about it if you own the property and what to avoid if you’re house hunting to rent.
The better we maintain our buildings the healthier we’ll be and the less our homes will cost to remediate with major repairs down the track.
Additional learnings in the following podcasts:
- Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrom (CIRS) explained by Dr Sandeep Gupta: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/podcast-55-chronic-inflammatory-response-syndrome-with-dr-sandeep-gupta/
- Moving from a water damaged home and my Low Tox trials: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/show-77-alexx-stuart-talks-about-moving-from-a-water-damaged-building-and-kicks-off-low-tox-trials/
- Different treatment protocols available shared by Dr Ann Shippy: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/show-169-dr-ann-shippy-treatment-protocols-for-mold-illness/
- Top Differences between pinned and pinless moisture meters https://www.wagnermeters.com/moisture-meters/wood-info/pin-pinless-meter-differences/
- Hygrometer – You could go an analogue Hygrometer for a great budget option that does the job like this one https://www.instrumentchoice.com.au/instrument-choice/environment-meters/humidity-meters/dial-hygrometer or for a little more you could go with something like this https://www.instrumentchoice.com.au/instrument-choice/environment-meters/humidity-meters/ambient-humidity/humidity-amp-temperature-monitor-ic800016 that’s digital. These are great to have for a lifetime and then whenever there’s something really up and the outdoor/indoor humidity has a big discrepancy, that’s when you can look to hire a good building biologist who understands humidity and building science to help you figure out how best to fix the excess humidity situation.
- My Whole Mould Story https://www.lowtoxlife.com/my-whole-mold-mould-story/
- Dr Sandeep Gupta’s Mould Illness Made Easy course to step you through cause, effects and treatment options. https://www.moldillnessmadesimple.com/register/standard/?aff=alexxstuart
- Mould and water damage explained by Nicole Bijlsma, Building biologist https://www.buildingbiology.com.au/hazards/mould-2.html
- Webinar I did with Nicole Bijlsma on what my symptoms were and how the clear link in retrospect was our apartment https://www.lowtoxlife.com/bonus-webinar-nicole/
- How to avoid moving into a water damaged house https://www.lowtoxlife.com/10-ways-to-avoid-mould-water-damaged-buildings-when-hunting-for-a-property/
And past podcasts I’ve done on Mould illness and Moving house:
Show 55 with Dr Sandeep Gupta, one of Australia’s foremost physicians treating people with suspected negative health effects from mould/mycotoxins/water damaged buildings: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/podcast-55-chronic-inflammatory-response-syndrome-with-dr-sandeep-gupta/
Show 77 How I went about moving house when we had to leave the mouldy apartment: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/show-77-alexx-stuart-talks-about-moving-from-a-water-damaged-building-and-kicks-off-low-tox-trials/
Show 169 Treatment options for mould illness with Dr Ann Shippy one of the US’s best doctor’s in the area of environmental-caused chronic illness: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/show-169-dr-ann-shippy-treatment-protocols-for-mold-illness/
Other helpful links:
My book “Low Tox Life” is also available if you still haven’t read it, on Booktopia.
Our show supporter this month is…
Killapilla takes you away to a simpler time when all-natural and organic were just how things were. The Killapilla has been developed by a Queensland Chiropractor and his wife. They were committed to combining the latest in design technology features with only the purest and most natural materials of the past. Resulting in the creation of a perfect pillow. One that is spinally correct, comfortable, non-toxic, healthy, all-natural and organic, and kind to the environment. The Killapilla is Australia’s ONLY All Natural, Organic, and Spinally Correct Pillow. It is “The Healthiest Pillow on the Planet”.
The patented Dual Cell Technology design keeps the Killapilla sturdy for spinally correct and supportive sleep while maximizing comfort night after night. The Zippered Neck Pocket makes the pillow customizable, using the different sized Neck Inserts. It even comes with its own Organic Cotton Zippered Pillow Cover to help protect the pillow.
Through countless testimonials, Dr Todd and Carolina have found that when people switch from a toxic synthetic pillow to the Killapilla that is all-natural and organic AND properly supports the spine, many health concerns are reduced and/or eliminated.
· Poor Quality Sleep
· Sleep Apnoea
· Irritated/Watery Eyes
· Itchiness of the Skin
· Night Terrors
· Hay Fever
· Broken Sleep
· Bad Posture
· Foggy Brain
· Neck Pain and Tension
· Restless Legs
· Forward Head Posture
When you reduce/eliminate stressors on the body (both physical and chemical) you will allow the body to get healthier sleep. As a result, many people have also noted improvements in:
· Energy Levels
· Immune Function
· Hormone Regulation
· Ability to Lose Weight
· Brain Function
· Increased Mood
· Cell Growth/Healing and Repair
Offer: LOWTOXJUNE15 (15% off and FREE SHIPPING Australia wide)
Website URL: https://killapilla.com.au/
Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/killapillaAus/
Instagram URL: https://www.instagram.com/KillapillaAus/
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet